According to SiriusDecisions, 92% of B2B marketers worldwide consider ABM “extremely” or “very” important to their overall marketing efforts. Why is Account-Based Marketing so valuable? It binds together the forces of the sales and marketing teams to organize and align metrics by account. Essentially, it allows for teams to focus on similar goals, which assist in increasing productivity and revenue. To succeed in making the buyer journey successful and profitable, great minds within sales and marketing must think alike and work together.
To illustrate why your business must implement ABM, take a look at these useful stats:
- According to Gartner, ABM programs show a 70% increase in opportunities created.
- 74% of business buyers conduct more than half of their research online before making an offline purchase, yet 89.5% of purchases are still completed by a salesperson (Forrester)
- Wasted marketing efforts due to misalignment between marketing and sales cost $1 trillion a year (Hubspot)
- In a survey conducted by Alterra Group, ABM showed a higher ROI than other marketing activities.
- According to SiriusDecisions, more than 70% of B2B companies have staff that is fully or partially dedicated to ABM programs.
- 80% say that ABM outperforms other marketing initiatives (ITSMA)
- B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieved 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth (SiriusDecisions)
- A report by TOPO found that companies that have implemented ABM witnessed a 171% increase in their Annual Contract Value.
- 54% of companies were successful in meeting their ABM objectives by investing early in ABM programs that allowed them to define Ideal Customer Profiles, ACV/LTV and to create tier-specific go-to-market strategies.
- According to SiriusDecisions, 92% of B2B marketers worldwide consider ABM “extremely” or “very” important to their overall marketing efforts.
- CEB found that individual stakeholders who perceived supplier content to be tailored to their specific needs were 40% more willing to buy from that supplier than stakeholders who didn’t.
- 92% of B2B marketing leaders state that building relationships in the C-suite is more important to their sales strategy than it was two years ago (ITSMA)
- 91% of marketers with an ABM program in place said they were “tightly” or “somewhat or moderately” aligned with sales (SiriusDecisions)
- ABM helps reduce the 50% of sales time wasted on unproductive prospecting, which historically has caused sales to ignore 50% of marketing leads (Marketo)
- 84% believe that ABM provides significant benefits for retaining and expanding current client relationships. (SiriusDecisions)
To learn more about ActivateABM™, Madison Logic’s account-based marketing platform, click here.