Welcome back! We hope that everyone had fun-filled holiday weekend. This week we wanted to share two industry articles that rang a chord with our team.
The first article, Why is Content Marketing Important for B2B Marketers? Part 1, takes readers back to the basics of content marketing. Vignesh Subrabmayan, marketing professional, looks to answer the key question: How can B2B marketers benefit from the content marketing phenomenon?
To answer this question, Sibrabmayan first looks to the definition of content marketing as defined by the Content Marketing Institute.
“Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.”
From the definition above, Sibrabmayan defines the three components that he feels (and we quite agree) make up content marketing:
- “Ability of a business to communicate effectively with existing and potential customers in a meaningful way”
- “Helps drive trust in a brand”
- “Creates a connection”
The second article we wanted to share, A Big Data Hype Filter for B2B Marketers, seeks to pose the questions that B2B marketers should be asking in conjunction with big data. As big data has and continues to be one of the top industry buzzwords, we wanted to share some of these thought-provoking questions:
- “Understanding your prospects and buyers better- How well do you know your customers? Have you constructed personas that help bring to life their pain points and preferences? What is their role in the buyer-side decision team?”
- “Do you know where they are in the buying journey?”
- “Some major B2B organizations take as long as three weeks to respond to a prospective customer who has filled in an online form requesting more information. By the time three weeks has passed, the prospect has probably already forgotten about filling in the form. What is to blame for this inefficiency?”
As you begin to use tools (content marketing and big data) to optimize your business model, Madison Logic is here to help. Feel free to reach out to one of our representatives today to learn more about the tools that can transform your B2B marketing strategy.
Image via Steven Depolo